WXKB-FM “Racks N Reels” Ladies Fishing Tournament
Decisions of WXKB-FM (collectively the “Station”) management with respect to the Event as defined below are final.
The WXKB-FM Racks N Reels Ladies Fishing Tournament (“Event”) taking place on October 5, 2019 is open to adults 18 or older who reside in the state of Florida and have a valid Florida boating and fishing license.
Tournament Registration and Check-In
To register for the Event, anglers must visit the Event page located at www.b1039racksandreels.com. Anglers are required to completely fill out the registration form and pay an online payment for the entry fee, dependent on the date which the form and payment were submitted. Entry fees received before July 29, 2019 will be three hundred dollars ($300) on behalf of each participating boat. Entry fees received between July 29, 2019 – September 27, 2019 will be four hundred dollars ($400) on behalf of each participating boat. Entry fees received between September 27, 2019 – October 4, 2019 will be four hundred fifty dollars ($450) on behalf of each participating boat. Each participating boat includes a total of four (4) participants comprised of three (3) anglers and one (1) captain. Women must outnumber men on at least a 2 to 1 ratio on each boat. Men cannot fish but will be allowed to bait the hooks and/or captain the boat. Anglers may also print a registration form available at www.b1039racksandreels.com/ and either (i) drop off the registration form(s) along with the entry fee(s) during regular business hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm) at the offices of the Station at 20125 S. Tamiami Trail, Estero, FL 33928 or (ii) mail the registration form(s) and entry fee(s) to the offices of the Station at 20125 S. Tamiami Trail, Estero, FL 33928. On-site and mail-in entry fees may only be paid via a company check. Deadline to register is October 4, 2019 at 8:00pm Eastern Time (“ET”) regardless of method of registration and regardless of postmark date (if mailed). No participants will be permitted to register after 8:00pm ET on October 4, 2019.
All captains must attend the “Captain’s Meeting” on October 4, 2019 at 06:00PM ET at (Location TBD). Captains will received the Station-provided bucket required for weigh-in at this meeting.
Any captains who do not attend this meeting will be automatically disqualified, will not be eligible to participate in the Event, and their entry fee will not be refunded.
Each entry fee is valid for one (1) boat entry to include one (1) captain and (3) anglers. The captain of each boat will be required to register and pay the entry fee. Any additional participants per boat will be required to pay a fifty-dollar ($50) per participant entry fee. It is the responsibilities of all participants to ensure that the ratio of women to men remains at least 2 to 1 if additional participants are added to a boat. Any boat that does not maintain at least a 2 to 1 ratio of women to men will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Station.
If the Event is canceled due to weather or unsafe conditions, Station will reschedule the Event. In the case a participant cannot attend the rescheduled Event, the entry fee may be refunded upon request. Entry fees may not be transferred; no participants substitutions permitted.
The maximum number of participants in each boat must be in compliance with Florida State Fishing and Boating Laws & Regulations.
All participants must return to and weigh-in at the Port Sanibel Marina, located at 14341 Port Comfort Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33908. Event representatives may inspect boats and equipment at the Station’s sole discretion at any time. All participants must sign participant releases prior to fishing.
Fishing Rules and Regulations
- This is a Ladyfish Tournament.
- Event Location: Port Sanibel Marina, located at 14341 Port Comfort Rd, Fort Myers, FL 3390
- Date/Time of Fishing: October 5, 2019 – 7:00am ET “honor start.” An honor start allows the teams to depart to their fishing spots prior to 7:00am ET providing they don’t have lines in the water prior to 7:00am ET. Event fishing hours will be from 7:00am ET to 4:00pm ET.
- Entries: Each participant must submit the following to be eligible to win any prize: (i) Station-provided bucket with ladyfish – lid must be on the bucket sealed shut. Fish and buckets will be inspected by the judges to confirm eligibility.
- Weigh in will begin at 1:00pm ET and will end at 4:00pm ET at the Station tent at the Port Sanibel Marina. FISH MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 4:00PM ET TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES. The designated Event director is the final decision maker regarding weights and species identification. Fish may be inspected before weighing in. Disqualified fish will not be weighed in.
- Prizes to be awarded to the boat, as described below, with the heaviest Station-provided bucket of ladyfish. Official electronic scale reading will determine weight of each Station-provided bucket. In the event of a tie, the boat who weighed in at the weigh station first (as determined by the judges) will be deemed the winner.
- Fish must be fresh (caught during the Event). Anglers are responsible for the condition of their fish.
- Tackle and Equipment: Intentional snagging of fish, spearfishing and trolling with the aid of combustion motors are not permitted. Only hook, line, rod and reel methods will be permitted. Live bait, artificial bait and liquid fish attractants are permitted. Only one (1) rod per junior angler may be used at any one time. Other rods may be in the boat and ready for use, however, every cast and retrieve must be completed before another cast is made. Fishing must be done from a boat with a motor only.
- The following are also not permitted: wading, boat-to-boat transfers of any kind after honor start, holding of holes at any time for other participants, outside assistance whatsoever during Event hours, marina fishing, pet fishing or fishing boat ramps.
Cash Prizes will be awarded. Cash prizes will be awarded in the form of company check processed within thirty (30) to sixty (60) days made out the designated captain on the registration form.
Ladyfish bucket by Weight (angler must submit the Station-provided bucket with ladyfish. Each Station-provided bucket must have a lid securely tightened):
1st Place: three thousand dollars ($3,000);
2nd Place: one thousand dollars ($1,000);
3rd Place: seven hundred fifty dollars ($750); and
15th Place: two hundred fifty dollars ($250)
All winners will be determined after weigh-in and will be announced at the awards ceremony taking place at the Port Sanibel Marina at approximately 4:00pm ET.
Anyone determined to be in violation of any of the above rules, or any other rules announced at the Event, will be disqualified and will forfeit their entry fees.
Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner.
It is the sole responsibility of the boat owner to carry and have proof of adequate public liability insurance covering them and passengers. All participants are required to sign a waiver absolving the tournament sponsors, co-sponsors and their employees from any responsibility for any damage or personal injury sustained as a result of their participation in the Event or related activities. Participants are required to have in their possession and provide proof of insurance on demand by the tournament director.
All participating boats must conform to US Coast Guard and Florida Department of Natural Resources safety regulations. Participants are responsible for knowledge of local, state, and federal fishing and boating regulations. Safe boating and fishing practices must be observed. Any violation of these safety requirements during the Event will result in disqualification.
Any and all protests must be submitted verbally and then in writing no later than five (15) minutes after the Event official closes the scales. This means once the Event is over, it’s over. Any participant submitting a protest must have at least one (1) witness to confirm the alleged violation (other than the person submitting the protest). In order to file a protest, participant must see an Event official no later than 4:15PM ET. The Event director will hear protests and the decisions of the Station will be final.
Unless otherwise specified, if the winner(s) cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner may be selected at the Station’s discretion. Winners who fail to respond within twenty-four (24) hours of prize notification are deemed to be waiving their prize claim and the prize will be forfeited.
Employees of Station, its licensee, its parent corporation and their affiliated entities, other radio stations in the Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Glades, Hendry, Sarasota or Manatee and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to win.