B103.9 “Racks N Reels” Ladies Fishing Tournament Contest Rules
- HOW TO ENTER
a. The WXKB B103.9 (“Station”) “Racks n Reels” Ladies Fishing Tournament will be open to participants who reside in the State of Florida and have a valid Fishing License. If a participant is under 21 years of age, he/she must be accompanied by another person 21 year of age or older. The “Racks n Reels” Ladies Fishing Tournament will be held on Saturday, October 6, 2018 at Port Sanibel Marina located at 14341 Port Comfort Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33908. Contestants must pay an entry fee of $350 – for entries received by 5pm EST on September 8, 2018, $400 for entries received after September 8th up until October 5th at 5pm Est.($50 going to the Charity -American Cancer Society, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Florida Division | American Cancer Society, Inc. located at 5020 Tamiami Trail N. Naples, FL 34103, contact phone number. 239-261-0337) and the remaining amount going to the administration of running the Fishing Tournament. The entry fee will be good for up to 4 people – with women outnumbering the men 2 to 1 (example: team of 4 will consist of either – 3 females and 1 male or 4 females). Each additional person added to a team of 4 will be an additional $50 per person. To enter/register contestants must go to B103.9.com, Print out form, legibly fill it out completely, drop it off in person with full payment (Money Order, Cash or Credit Card, personal checks will not be accepted) to the B103.9 Studios located at 20125 S. Tamiami Trail, Estero, FL 33928 during normal business operation hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm) OR mail it in to 20125 S. Tamiami Trail, Estero, FL 33928 ATTN: “Racks N Reels Fishing Tournament” OR Fill out registration and pay for the entry online at www.b1039racksandreels.com . All entries including payment must be received by October 5, 2018 at 9:00pm EST regardless of postmark. Each entry must designate a team captain.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a.The B103.9 “Racks n Reels” Ladies Fishing Tournament on Saturday, October 6, 2018 at Port Sanibel Marina in Ft Myers will be open to participants who reside in the State of Florida and have a valid boating/fishing License. If a participant is under 21 years of age, he/she must be accompanied by another person 21 year of age or older 21 and over. All participants must sign an affidavit/release form. Participants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of Florida residency to verify eligibility. One team per boat and the maximum number of participants on each team is determined by the person/weight limit on each boat, in which is permitted and in compliance by Florida State Fishing Laws & Regulations (listed on the side of each boat)
- Employees of Station, its licensee, its parent corporation and their affiliated entities, advertising and PR agencies, other radio stations in the Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Glades, Hendry, Sarasota or Manatee and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- C. Tournament will have an honor start at 7:00am E.T. A honor start allows the team to start wherever they wish providing they don’t have lines in the water prior to 7am E.T. Tournament hours will be from 7:00am – 4:00pm E.T.
- Sponsors and Promotional partners are eligible to fish and win providing the proper entry fee is paid.
a.All prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at 20125 S. Tamiami Trail, Estero, FL 33928, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours (9am-5pm). Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
Prizing Details listed below:
A total of $5,000 in Cash Prizes will be awarded. Cash prizes will be awarded in the form of check made out the Captain of the team as follows:
1st – Place winning team will receive $3,000.00
2nd – Place winning team will receive $1,000.00
3rd – Place winning team will receive $300.00
21st – Place winning team will receive $700.00
- In the event that a prize is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- The only species eligible to be weighed are Ladyfish. The Team with the bucket of Ladyfish that weighs the most will be declared the winning team. Tournament officials (or the weigh master) will verify that all fish included in each team’s bucket are ladyfish. Your official bucket will be distributed at the Captains Meeting. All participants will be allowed to catch up to twelve(12) ladyfish. No other fish can be caught/used in this tournament. Upon the earlier of the tournament end at 1pm E.T. or when a team is satisfied with the weight and number of fish caught, participants must dock their boats and report to Weigh-in Station between 1pm-4pm E.T.
All Winners will be determined after weigh-in and announced at The Award Ceremony taking place at 5:00pm at Port Sanibel Marina located at 14341 Port Comfort Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33908
- Any and all protests must be submitted verbally and then in writing no later than 15 minutes after the tournament official closes the scales. This means once the tournament is over, it’s over. Any tournament participant submitting a protest must have at least one witness to confirm the alleged violation ( other than your non-boater). In order to file a protest you must see the Tournament Director no later than 4:14pm E.T. The Tournament Director will hear protests and the decisions of the Tournament Director will be final.
- All contestants, winners and non-winners are subject to a polygraph test. Failure to submit to a polygraph test will result in immediate disqualification. All contestants, winners, and non-winners must complete the polygraph with 48 hours of tournament officials request at location in Southwest Florida (actual location is t.b.d.) Any contestant who has failed a polygraph test in connection with any fishing tournament for cheating or whose results are found to be inconclusive will not be eligible to compete in future Beasley Fishing Tournaments conducted by any station owned or operated by Beasley Media Group.
- Unless otherwise specified, if the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 24 hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner may be selected at the Station’s discretion. Winners who fail to respond within 24 hours of prize notification are deemed to be waiving their prize claim and the prize will be forfeited.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible participating teams.
All Florida fishing & boating laws apply.
All participants must fish from the boat.
All fish must be caught on hook, line, rod and reel.
No angler substitutions after registration.
No boat-to-boat transfers of any kind after honor start.
Live or artificial bait allowed.
Weigh-in Station will be open from 1pm-4pm (10/6/18) at Port Sanibel Marina
Weigh Master is the final decision maker of teams weights and species identification.
No chumming or holding of holes at any time for other teams.
No outside assistance whatsoever during tournament hours.
No marina fishing, pet fishing or fishing boat ramps.
For a team to be eligible to participate, Team Captains or a team member must be present at Captains’ Meeting on Friday October 5, 2018 at Rusty’s Raw Bar and Grill in Cape Coral
All anglers must sign Liability form to participate in tournament.
No team registrations will be accepted on Saturday, October 6,, 2018
Payment must be received by Friday, October 5, 2018.
INSURANCE & LIABILITY
It is the sole responsibility of the boat owner to carry and have proof of adequate public liability insurance covering them and passengers. All contestants are required to sign a waiver absolving the tournament sponsors, co-sponsors and their employees from any responsibility for any damage or personal injury sustained as a result of their participation in the tournament or related activities. Contestants are required to have in their possession and provide proof of insurance on demand by the tournament director.
All participating boats must conform to US Coast Guard and Florida Department of Natural Resources safety regulations. Participants are responsible for knowledge of local, state, and federal fishing and boating regulations. Safe boating and fishing practices must be observed. Any violation of these safety requirements during the competition will result in disqualification.
TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT
All fish must be caught in a legal sporting manner. Intentional snagging of fish will not be allowed. Trolling with the aid of combustion motors is not permitted. Liquid fish attractants are allowed. Only one (1) rod per angler may be used at any one time. Other rods may be in the boat and ready for use, however, every cast and retrieve must be completed before another cast is made.
- a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
- By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the contest, contestants hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release within five (5) business days from notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
- The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication at www.b1039.com.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Any materials submitted become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
- The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 20125 S. Tamiami Trail Estero, FL 33928 or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- INTERNET RULES
- The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
- Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
- The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
- The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
- To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, hometelephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
- FACEBOOK PAGE
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability of the Promotion’s administration, prizes or promotion. Contestants are providing entry information to the Station and not to Facebook